CME/CE Expiration Date: 04/05/2019*
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific presentation.
This includes one talk by each speaker on coding and billing for reimbursement for obesity medicine; including a question and answer session with Ms. Ingersoll and Dr. McConnell.
April 06, 2016
April 01, 2019 12:00 AM
- How to effectively use the Medicare Intensive Behavioral Treatment program in clinical practice.
- Understand historical challenges of achieving successful reimbursement for the treatment of obesity.
- How to effectively use the preventive care billing codes in practice.
- Understand the use of evaluation and management codes to bill for office visits.
- How to use incident-to billing as a means to provide efficient and cost effective obesity services in a busy practice setting.
- Understand how the Affordable Care Act mandated screening and treatment of obesity coverage, including coding and documentation requirements, applies to commercial insurance plans.
- Comprehend the Medicare Intensive Behavioral Treatment program, including who is eligible to participate, and the coding and documentation requirements.