This CME is free! Just put it in your cart and check out - you will not have to pay anything.
CME/CE Expiration Date: *10/31/2018
*The expiration date listed above is the last day CME/CE credit can be claimed for this specific presentation.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Novo Nordisk, Inc.
This panel discussion of obesity medicine experts discusses the use of the various available obesity guidelines and algorithms in evaluating patients for treatment.
Disclosures (at time of recording):
- Deborah Bade Horn, DO, MPH, MFOMA
- Novo Nordisk, Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, and Advisory Activities
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, and Advisory Activities
- Scott Kahan, MD, MPH, FTOS
- Novo Nordisk, Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, and Development of Educational Activities
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, and Development of Educational Activities
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc.: Development of Educational Activities
- Chris Still, DO, FACN, FACP
- Novo Nordisk, Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, Advisory Activities, and Research Activities
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.: Speakers Bureau, Honoraria, and Advisory Activities
- Ethicon, Inc. (endosurgery): Advisory Activities and Research Activities
- Nothing to Disclose: Robert Dougherty; Dana Mansell, CHCP; William McCarthy, MD, FOMA; Lauren Rieck; James Schiffer, RPh; Laurie Traetow, CAE
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Obesity Medicine Association and CE Health Interactive. The Obesity Medicine Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The OMA designates this enduring material internet activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program was produced by Matrix Medical Communications and was originally recorded on September 9, 2016.
October 24, 2016
October 31, 2018 11:55 PM
- Recognize obesity as a major disease with its implications on health and the stress to the healthcare system
- Describe the different approaches to evaluating patients affected by overweight and obesity
- Review and discuss pertinent obesity guidelines
- Translate the recommendations for different treatment approaches into actionable steps for multiple disciplines
- Discuss other considerations as well as unmet needs and future directions in obesity medicine
- Discuss determining and implementing customized treatment
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s): 1.50
Participation Credit(s): 1.50
This presentation is no longer available for purchase.